kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 24, 2014

They can't pronounce our last name... Coon


Hola Familia!
Wow another week has come and gone! Way to go on your awesome missionary experiences and to help the missionaries! So proud! I love hearing about your experiences! I cant believe Grant is coming home so soon! I love your idea and gift to their family, mom. Please send me pictures and videos! I want to see!
So, I LOVE MELO! Here are a few random things about Melo. Number 1...we live in a blue, turquoise house! Melo is total Type1. Every house is a different color. In one street there are houses of purple, pink, green, yellow, red...every color of the rainbow and more! It makes me smile...one of these days I will take a picture and send it to you. Melo is a big hill. We walk hills all the time and what is really cool is the view. We stand on top of the world, and can see all of Melo with this little shacks as houses. One of these days, I will send a picture too. It is awesome. I cant believe I am here in the Promised Land of Melo.
Also something really funny. That cant pronounce our last name here...Coon. Its pronounced "Cone!" haha. Hermana Cone! The Cone Family!

My companion and I had a bit of a scare this week. We work in such poverty...families who dont have anything. The children are so sweet and cute, but just little rugrats, having bathed in weeks. As we were teaching children and playing with them, we noticed little white specks all over each of their heads. I shreaked a little bit and thought, "LICE!" Oh no! Hna Montenegro and I left and we began filling itchies all over our heads. Our cheeks were wet with kisses and our heads were are itchy from the children. Adventures adventures...haha.
The people here in Melo are so friendly. Everyone loves "Las Mormonas!" The ward is excellent! Hermana Montenegro and I were laughing that we came from the smallest branch and one of the hardest areas in the mission, Progreso, to the Promised Land, Melo! Heavenly Father was preparing us with a different manera. The church is huge, it is like a temple! At night, we look up and see the stars shining so bright and then we see the church shining brightly on the hill. I have my own Gilbert temple here in Gianola! Every, well mostly everyone, wants to listen to us. There are people PREPARED! The Lord is preparing his children. Everyone we talk to is looking for something, "but they just dont know where to find it!." We have many progressing investigators who have dates to be baptized and to follow Christ. We will be having a wedding also for la Familia Correa on the5th of April and after a baptism. We are so excited and count our blessings everyday.
I just want to work hard everyday. I am almost at my half way mark and when I come home, I want to know and feel that I served an honorable mission. I want to be changed.
I love you all with my whole heart!

Hermana Coon
P.S. 7 Sundays until Mothers Day!? WOW! How fast is the time! xoxo







Hermana Coon,
hello as good ta just wanted to say that I am very well haceindo video among other things lol .. ok I'm being good lol you wanted to say that Sofia's mom came and also sister to bautismoo was amazing ..... :) . tabien apologize because I made ​​him the joke lol I come home I feel sorry encerio haha :) but wanted to make but ... hehehe bullying and pedi permission not worry the leaders before calling ok ... I I did not want you to have the baptism of sofia because it reminds nthat told him Osin'm throwing salt and buenno and baptism only when I send the photo then I would do but ... SOFIA wanted you to come to baptism but only solution we said maybe it could talk to you and was so good and I kiero mucho loquita my loquita blonde you want and thanks for always showing me photos Command ok :) kisses and bear with montenegro ok as it did with me lol I kiero :) 
Herman Fuentes






My sweet investigator Sofia got baptized on Saturday! Finally! She is a doll and wanted to be baptized so bad, but her mom wouldnt sign the permission slip. But a miracle happened a she was baptized! WOW! I am so happy for her! I was sad that I wasnt able to be there with her, but her are a few of the fun pictures that Hermana Fuentes sent me with some of the youth of the branch and the branch that I love so much! Sofia is in white! Progreso!

No comments:

Post a Comment