kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 3, 2014

Our Gilbert Temple is dedicated!


Hello my dear Family!

WOW! What a week it has been for you all! Our temple is dedicated! What a special experience...the cultural celebration, President Monson! I loved the videos and the pictures that you sent me. It helped me feel a little bit apart of it. As I was watching the video clip of Moroni riding on his horse with all of the flags waving, and seeing our bright temple in the background, I had huge drops of tears in my eyes! What a powerful experience! I have waited my whole life for this temple and I am not even there to be apart of the celebration...but its okay, I feel so happy that our temple is complete!

I cant believe that it is already March! I´ll begin this weeks letter by telling you all a one lined, funny story...

I was proposed to this week. The craziest things happen in Uruguay. Rubia! 

I have really felt the power of the Atonement this week. We were teaching our sweet 16 year old investigator, Mariana, about feasting on the scriptures. She was having a difficult time, knowing for sure that the Book of Mormon is true, not really understanding when she was reading. We had such a powerful lesson with her and we read 3 Nephi 11 about when Christ came to the Americas. We read each verse with her and helped her visualize personally what was really happening, as if she was there when Christ appeared. The Spirit was so strong...the air was as thick as butter and we could cut right through it. We described to her what it would be like see the marks of the nails and to feel them. It was one of those experiences where we dont really remembered what we said...it was the spirit guiding our words about the Atonement, about our Savior, and about the Book of Mormon. I will do anything to one day stand in the presence of my Lord and Savior and thank him for his infinite sacrifice and atonement. As I pray at night, seeking for guidance and inspiration on where to go, what to say, what to do, I know he listens and answers me because I can feel it...

The people here in Uruguay are so special. I know we are all children of our Heavenly Father. 

Thank you for everything. I love you all with my whole heart. The church is true!

Hermana Coon





No comments:

Post a Comment