kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Friday, March 14, 2014

Melo, Uruguay

Hi Everyone!

Happy week! Congratulations BECCA! That is so exciting she got married this past week and what a beautiful bride! I received her wedding announcement last week, so I thought of you all on Saturday, the day of her wedding. Looks like you all had a blast.

Big news...changes are this week...and I am leaving Progreso after almost 8 months. My new area is in Melo! 6 hours away from Progreso/Montevideo! Melo is the Promised Land in the mission haha! I am so excited! My companion is Hermana Montenegro from Costa Rica and the funny thing is we are actually roommates right now. We are entering into a whitewash. All I know about Melo is that it is the COLDEST part of Uruguay in the winter! Thermal garments here we come...winter is coming soon...More adventures here we come! 

This week was fantastic. I am seriously in love with this area and I cry thinking about leaving. You know when you put your heart and soul into something everyday, all day, you automatically fall in love with it. This is what has happened to me in Progreso. It is such a difficult area, but I love it. Its been a rough day today saying goodbye to all of the members and young women, and all of our converts, and investigators. All of the memories, good times, hard times, they are all part of me. Some tears shed. I feel like they have all changed my life. Its hard to express in words the feelings that I feel, but I feel really good. I loved the prayer last night with one of our members named Mirta. She prayed that she would do the will of God, but sometimes, she would like to do her own will. And then she prayed and asked Heavenly Father for Hermana Coon to please stay in Progreso. It was the most sweetest prayer.

This week, we helped build a house! Seriously! One of our investigators named Cristian, his house flooded in the last rain storm, so now he is adding on to his concrete house. (Its made out of concrete blocks.) Quite the experience. I can tell ya right now that I will probably never have this experience of building a concrete house ever again. haha. 

Our new mission president is from Idaho Falls, IDAHO! His name is President Cook. I havent met him yet but I know that he will be great. We had a zone conference yesterday and we were introduced to our new mission them "Have I Done Any Good in the World Today." I have such good feelings about this...its about the service and the love...not about numbers. Love it! 

Well family, next week I will be writing you from the opposite part of Uruguay. I cant wait to start this new adventure. I pray the Lord will help us, Hermana Montenegro and I.

I love you!

Hermana Coon

 fotos of going fishing for family home evening!

  building the house!
 Teaching piano lessons after church...love them! 







Hi mom and dad,

I just wanted to write you a quick, private note to tell you both that I love you! I cant believe how fast time is flying. Almost at 9 months! Is the time going fast for you? Thank you for your love and support in everything I do!

Big hug and kiss on the cheek for you both! 

Love, your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment