kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 6, 2014

Feliz Ano Nuevo! 2014


Feliz Año Nuevo! 2014!

I cant believe it is 2014 already?! Didnt I just graduate high school?

Happy Birthday Hannah! I hope you have a fun day on your birthday. I love you so much and next year for your birthday and baptism, I will be home!

THE GILBERT TEMPLE!!! The moment I have been waiting for! Please send me videos and muchas photos! What an exciting week for you all!

I have so many emotions...thank you for all the videos! I loved watching them of you all in the desert on New Years Day and seeing all of your faces. Everyone is growing up so fast! James, your FOOT! That is so gross! I hope you are okay! Mom, thank you for the clothes. I am going to cry from happiness thank you so much! I loved seeing our home, nice and BIG, and clean! And I loved seeing dad in the kitchen too. How fun the girls were able to go to the Polar Express! I want to hear more about it!

Its been a week of miracles....everyday! All of our investigators are progressing so well and we had 6 investigators in the church yesterday! and 6 dates for baptism within the next 3 weeks! 
WOW! That is a record. 

Gabriel...20 years old
Silvia....35years old
Lucia....9 years old
Cholo....90 years old (his personality reminds me so much of Grandpa Coon!)
Nestor....35 years old
Mary....70 years old

The Gospel Principles class that we teach was packed with our investigators. I just cannot believe the miracles that we are seeing and that the Lord is blessing us with. One of our investigators, Gabriel, has a date to be baptized this Saturday! Just these past 3 weeks that we have been teaching him have been a testimony building experience to me. I have seen the power of the Atonement and it is incredible! I think about you a lot, dad, when we teach him and practice with him the baptism interview questions, people bearing their souls to you. Him, like everyone, needs to repent, but the power of the Atonement is real! I know it and I have seen it with Gabriel. He is so excited to be baptized and to have ALL of his sins watched away. The change in him is breathtaking...before he didnt think that he was a child of god and that Heavenly Father never listened to his prayers. He was literally in the depths of despair... but the more we teach him, the more he feels the spirit, and the more we share our experiences, we can see him change! He is smiling now, he is happy, he wants to follow Christ and not satan. After weekly planning of thursday, we received a text from him...I will send you a picture of the text, you probably wont be able to understand it, but he shared his testimony with us and how he knows now that he is a son of god. Hermana Fuentes and I read it, and we cried and jumped up and down, and screamed a little bit from excitement. He is reading the Book of Mormon everday and praying. I was reading Alma 29 9-10 today. You all must read it...inspiring! 

Goodness, it is so fun to be a missionary and to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. The people that we come in contact with and teach everyone notice something different about us. I think of the things it says in my patriarchal blessing and am in awe at everything that is coming true. Our investigators love us and call us their angels. We love them too and we pray for them siempre. 

I love you! Te amo! I miss you all a lot, but its only a short time life. I dedicate this whole year to the Lord...2014!

Your daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, and missionary,
Hermana Coon


No comments:

Post a Comment