kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The friends of Jesus

Hi family!

I loved reading all of your emails! I cant believe the big change in our family! Dad is no longer the bishop of the Chaparral Ward! Dad you were an awesome bishop and I am sure everyone is so sad. I am actually un poco triste tambien por eso. I loved you being bishop when I was in high school. Such fun times we had. I love you. Our temple is finished! This is the week! Please please please send me pictures and videos! I want to see so bad. Mom when you do your temple tours, even though we are thousands of miles away, I will be there in spirit with you. I love you!

I love Elder and Hermana Pugmire! They are literally the best! I seriously call Hermana Pugmire like 3 times a week and Elder Pugmire is always fixing stuff at our house. Elder Pugmire is actually the cousin of President Pugmire! The world is even smaller than we think! Oh and Elder Reay is legit awesome! el capo! He is the best district leader I have ever had. What a small world we live in, especially within the church.

I LOVE MY MISSION. Those four words, ah I cry from happiness everytime I think about it. I feel like I am starting to get the hang of things, the language, the culture, etc. I love the people...I love my converts...I love the members. I just love everything about Uruguay. Choosing to serve a mission was the best decision I have ever made. We are finding people everyday that are so prepared for the gospel! Everynight, the district leader calls (Elder Reay) and he told me that he was in a meeting with the zone leaders and they were talking about my area, how well it is progressing. Elder Reay asked me what we are doing to have this many dates, numbers, and progressing investigators. I thought about it for a second and then I said one word, Amor! Love! I am learning that there are so many people in this world who dont feel loved and then for two girls to approach them and tell them that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them is huge. They cant help but want to learn more! Whats even cool is the things that are coming true in my patriarchal blessing. wow!

It has been such a good week.You are probably wondering why Pday is today, Tuesday. Yesterday, we had a surprise conference with all of the mission in Malvin, Montevideo. We didnt know anything, the reason for the conference, but we soon found out that President and Hermana Newsome have to go home and we are getting a new mission president! The whole mission was crying. We love the Newsomes and are sad to see them leave. 

This is a big week for us! As a mission, we have the goal to have 130 baptisms in the month of January. Hermana Fuentes and I have five investigators with a baptism date forthis Saturday and Sunday. It is so interesting and I know that this week will be very challenging because ALWAYS the week of baptisms Satan is working so hard. Today it is raining...pouring rain. One of our investigators, Mary, is deadly sick. There are so many trials, but our faith is strong and we know and believe that we will have these baptisms this week. Exciting! Please pray for us and for everyone of our investigators who have a date this Saturday...Cholo, Mary, Nestor, Silvia, and Lucia. I know that prayer works. I can feel your prayers and it is amazing.

I am so thankful for these blessings. This week, I noticed and have realized how much I have grown in the gospel, in the language, and as a missionary. I was thinking about when I was skyping with you all and I just felt different, like I didnt feel like the same Katie. Its a good change. Now I completely understand why elders come home from their missions and they are just different. These experiences that we have as missionaries play a huge impact on our lives. James, Annie, and Hannah, you will be AWESOME missionaries! 

One last thing, we have been meeting and introducing ourselves to a lot of niƱos in the streets. Its a good way to get referencias and to meet their parents. As we are walking down the street, we often hear things like, "Las Hermanas!" or "Las Misioneras!" but my favorite this week was, "Las Amigas de Jesus!" The friends of Jesus! ahah I love it! 

Thank you for everything, family. I love you all with my whole heart. Families can be together forever through Heavenly Fathers plan!

Have a great week!

Hermana Coon

You will not believe the BUGS that we find in our apartment! Cockroaches, spiders, HUGE daddy long legs! 
Hermana Fuentes and I yesterday!


Mom, the first picture is for you! Dancing-singing in the rain! Making the most out of the day of pouring rain! 

Cholo! Our investigator who reminds me exactly of Grandpa Coon! Such a funny man!

No comments:

Post a Comment