kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 31, 2013


Hi!

What a great day we had on Christmas and what made it even more better was that I got to talk to you, see you, and hear your voices! I feel like it was a dream, you are right...the hour went by so fast...it doesnt feel like we actually talked...but we did! And it was so FUN! Only 5 more months until we get to talk again! 

Mom and dad, how fun that you are in Kansas for Scotts wedding! Congrats Scott and Shelby! How beautiful. Give everyone and Katie a huge hug for me. Its so weird that it is so cold there, especially since today is so hot in Uruguay! The sweating never stops! Neither do the cockroaches!

So to begin my letter this week I want to describe to you 2 different meals that we ate this week...Ready?!

Numero Uno...We ate lunch at this sweet hermanas house, Soñia. Soñia is a recent convert and she has 5 cats and 2 dogs. Before lunch she showed us her Adam and Eve garden and her animals. We were all super hungry, sat down to eat, and she loaded each of us up a plate of pasta and tuco, and chicken legs. The whole plate was loaded with food. We began eating and as I was looking closely into my food, I noticed that my whole chicken leg was covered in....HAIR! CAT HAIR!!! I died. "Come, Come" she said to me, which means EAT! EAT! "Bueno," I said. "Oh hermana, que rico! Muchas gracias!" Then she loaded us up another huge plate full of cat hair. Lovely!

Numero Dos...I cant just tell scary stories, I must tell the good too! On Saturday Hermana Fuentes and I ate at our sweet Hermana Olgitas house. We cleaned her house first, and then she fed us. The food was SO GOOD! Probably the best I have had. She fed us wheat rice! So healthy and it brought me back to my glory days of being healthy. haha. Wow! Also, a funny thing that they feed us here is something called, Agua con gas. Its like water, but it has fizzes like soda, but it doesnt taste like soda! It is the weirdest thing. In the afternoon, we die of thirst and we just ask anyone for a drink of water, but they either give us agua con gas or koolaid. 

Uruguay has such funny traditions...Look up "mate" if you get a chance!

I absolutely love Progreso. I am going to cry when I have to leave! The good thing about being here for so long is that I feel like I know everyone in this town! Carlos at the supermercado, the neighbors, all the people that we have talked to over these past months. And its so fun because I feel the people here are starting to have a special connection with me and my companions. We get honks, we get waves, and holas all day long. Everyone knows us and knows what and who we represent. It is so fun! I love the people, the members, my converts! ahhh! My heart!

I am growing a strong testimony of the power of investigators attending church. Wow if they have enough faith to attend church, they will be baptized. There are so many people who make excuses not to come to church, but yesterday, for example, we had one of our investigators come to church...his name is Gabriel and Gabriel doesnt believe that Heavenly Father listens to his prayers and he feels alone. He has a lot of doubts. We waited for him, along with others of our investigators. He came to church with such a hard heart, wearing all black, and an attitude of not wanting to be here, but by the end of the meeting, Gabriels heart had softened, he started smiling, and he was actually happy! He was listening so intently to the speakers and when we taught the lesson in Sunday School about the priesthood and Joseph Smith, his eyes were filled with agua! Tears! The spirit was so strong and wow each day my testimony is strengthened by the happiness that this gospel can bring into peoples lives.What is even more fun is the reaction of my sweet oro, Hermana Fuentes. I am glad and grateful that we are receiving so many blessings from Heavenly Father. We are learning together and she helps me so much with my spanish.

Dad, I love how you write me and tell me that these things I am learning and my testimony will bless my own family one day. Comments like those bring tears to my eyes that in the near future, I will have my own family to raise in the gospel! 

I love you family! Stay strong..Time is going by so quick!

¡Te Amo!

Hermana Coon
 Do you like my Uruguay Santa hat?! Our zone bought them!



 I took these pictures this morning! I made this headband..and no makeup! Mom could you send me some cute headbands and fabric? It so hot and I never wear my hair down, I need something cute! haha

Also, I would LOVE some new skirts and shirts. I have no clothes for summer. I dont know the size of my waist, but I think its the same as when I left....

Also, my shoes for proseltying are about dead. They dont sell good walking shoes here. I can feel all the rocks and pebbles beneath my feet all day. haha my feet are getting some good callases! You should see my tan line too. wicked sweet!

But anywho...have a fun day today! I Love you mom and dad! xoxo Besitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment