kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Almost Christmas!


Hello Family! I love you!

Its almost Christmas!!! I am so excited to talk to you over skype on Christmas Day! But first, I have to tell you something very exciting!...

...Changes are this week, and last night our district leader called to tell us about changes and...I am going to be a TRAINER! I have the great opportunity to train an "oro" who is fresh out of the CCM! It just felt like I was an oro a little while ago and had my own trainer! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! and mostly humbled that Heavenly Father has this trust in me. My area is still in Progreso! This will be my 4th cambio in Progreso! Today at 1pm I am heading to Montevideo to meet my oro and then tomorrow is our big Christmas dinner and program with the entire mission. 

This week has been crazy....

21 mosquito bites...on my face...only on my face, thats not even counting the rest of my body!

2 hospital visits

10 hours total of traveling to different conferences and trainings

It was a good week!

I have seen miracles this week, family. Miracles with the language, miracles with the health of my companion, etc. The great promise of the Lord is that he promises to put words in your mouth when you need to speak and teach. Looking back on this week, I have felt your prayers immensely, more than ever. I know that the Lord hears and answers every prayer. There are so many people here in this world that dont pray to Heavenly Father. They dont even know how to pray! We, as missionaries, have the great opportunity to teach them how to pray, to testify that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them more than they can ever imagine, and that they are literally children of God. They have self worth! 

Christmas Day I will be calling you on skype. I am pretty sure that my companion and I will go to a members house who has skype and we will use their account. I dont know what time exactly...so be on skype all day long. haha. Everything will work out just fine. If Grandma and Grandpa Dayley and Grandpa Coon want to come they can too! I just dont know what time our skyping session is going to be. I cant wait to see your faces! What is your skype account? coolcoons? I dont remember!

Sounds like you all are having a great Christmas season. So fun that Jake Packer and all these boys are coming home from their missions now. Such good times. Annie, good job on your piano recital...you are awesome! Thanks for your sweet emails. James, looking BUFF! WOW YOU ARE A MAN! Hannah, your hair is so blonde and pretty! Mom and Dad, you are awesome. So proud of my missionaries! Keep it up!

I love you! Families are forever! See you in 8 days!

Love,

Hermana Coon

 My district and Hermana Chavez!




 I almost cried when I saw this American Flag! Land of the free, home of the brave!


Having lunch at members home!

No comments:

Post a Comment