kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 1, 2014

My FAMILY!!


My Dear Family!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Happy Birthday James!!! 18! and Happy First Day of December!!! I cannot believe that James is turning 18 years old! I hope that you have an awesome birthday brother! I loved seeing all of the pictures that you sent me this week. Everyone is growing up so big! I probably wont be able to recognize you all! Thank you thank you thank you for giving me updates on your trip to Utah! I have been dying all week to hear how it went with Hermana COX (gabrielle haha) and with Hna Harveys family!

Hermana Harvey and I have been witnesses of so many tender mercies this week. You are right dad, the Uruguayos dont celebrate Thanksgiving...but, a few days ago as we were working, a man pulled up in his truck and started yelling "Sisters! Sisters!" to Hermana Harvey and I. We didnt hear him or understand him until he said..."Hermanas!" His name is Roger Williams from Texas, USA! He is a member of the church and is here in Piriapolis for vacation. He invited us to eat Thanksgiving with his family! It was the nicest most tender blessing that the Lord could have given us. Turkey doesnt really exist here, so we just at chicken and went around the table saying the things that we are thankful for. It was so nice. I was especially thankful that Hna Harvey was able to have this sweet blessing as it is her first holiday away from her family. There are so many blessings that we have been blessed with...and infinite amount of them!

I feel so touched that you are praying and have fasted for me and for my arrival. I honestly can feel all of those prayers. Thankyou! I can feel that Heavenly Father is preparing me to come home little by little. I have received quite the personal inspiration for my life after the mission this past week, even with want I want to do with my schooling. As I kneel at night and really ask Heavenly Father what I should do, if what I have been thinking and feeling is right, I have received such a warmth in my chest. It has been so neat to be apart of. We love to visit with Hna Rosalia and last night I was asking her some advice for future life. She is so knowledgeable and I love to hear her thoughts and advice. She has become a great friend. There really are some great members here in Piriapolis, well in Uruguay in general! One of my great Uruguaya role models here is Hermana Delgado. She is remarkable. I will take a picture with her and send it to you next week. She feeds us lunch every Tuesday and Thursday. It is the best food I have ever tasted here in Uruguay, probably because it is all fresh! haha. I love to sit and talk to her. She is a convert and is moms age. She has 6 children and it is such an active family in the gospel. She has so many qualities that I hope to possess. She just serves all the day long! I will always be thankful to Heavenly Father for putting these people into my life! I like to call them my "Heaven Friends!" :)

I sent you a picture of us with Julia (an inactive member) and a cake! It was her birthday this week and we were able to celebrate it with her. We hope she felt special because not even any of her children recongized that it was her birthday. Church yesterday was wonderful! Enrique is getting baptized next Saturday and he is SO excited and SO ready! He loves the Book of Mormon and has completely changed 180 degrees. We walked with him yesterday to church in the pouring rain. But he didnt mind it...we arrived to church completely soaked. He still had a smile on his face so happy to be in the Lords house. Hermana Harvey and I taught young womens. It was a quick act on the spot lesson because their leader was there to teach. Wow was it such a powerful lesson. Hna Harvey is improving so much each day in her spanish. I am so proud of her! Then I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting. It was a pleasure for me because this will probably be the last time that I will speak in sacrament in spanish and in south america. I spoke on the Book of Mormon and the role that it plays in our conversion. 1 Nephi 8. I love the Book of Mormon with my whole heart...it has become my best friend! haha. I LOVE that everyday we get the great oppurtunity to dig into our scriptures and really study them. The scriptures are our iron rod. 

Please pray for our dear Enrique this week! We know that he is one of the stalwart and great ones. Satan is always working so hard the week of the baptisms. We know that Enrique will come out strong! 

I love you family! Just a few more weeks until I get to see you! Can you believe it?!?! How fast has the time flown! But I dont want to count the days...I am making the days count. You are all the best...the noble and great ones!

Hermana Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment