kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 8, 2014

White teeth and tamed dogs

Mi querida familia!

How beautiful were your emails to me. I so enjoy skimming through them and then printing them out so I can "study" them at home. I have a HUGE binder FULL of letters and emails from my whole mission from my dearests. It is such a fun treasure to have. WOW JAMES! Holy cow man you are super buff! Like SUPER BUFF! I honestly cant believe that this is my little brother! Not only are you buff, but so good looking! I love looking at those gorgeous winter formal pictures. What a good lookin group of youth! I love seeing pictures of my family. Annie and Hannah are growing up so fast as well. I hardly even recognize them! What a beautiful family we have been blessed with. 

I think one thing that will be hard for me to adjust to at home is... 
1.) Everyone will have beautiful, white teeth. and 
2.) Dogs will be well tamed and have collars. haha.  

Thank you thank you thank you for all of your prayers in behalf of Enrique! He was baptized on Saturday!!! Every baptism that we have here in Piriapolis is seriously the biggest miracle because we are starting to get a ton of tourists because of summertime. I want to tell you all of the details of Enriques baptism. He was so excited and so ready. It has been the neatest thing to watch his conversion. Even President Cook was able to meet him on Friday. He told Pres Cook all about how the missionaries came into his life right when he was searching for "something more." He asked Hermana Harvey and I to speak in his baptism. I spoke on baptism and Hna Harvey spoke on the Holy Ghost. Her parents would be proud of her! She did so well. We prayed so hard all week that Enrique would have a spiritual experience in his baptism...and wow it was amazing. So many of his member friends came to support him. He shared his testimony and it was so powerful. These are just moments that one can never forget. Enrique was so excited for his baptism, he even cook 3 pizzas to bring and share with the members who came to support him. It was the cutest thing.

Fast sunday yesterday was just as special because he was given the gift of the holy ghost. He told us, with tears in his eyes, that he felt like he was flying. A ton of the members shared their testimonies in the meeting of how happy they were that Enrique has chosen to be baptized. Enrique shared his testimony again. It was amazing. I think this baptism has really opened the members eyes that they NEED to share the gospel with everyone! They all said that they have known Enrique for years, but they all felt bad because they had never shared the gospel with him. Hna Harvey and I feel so grateful for the bouteous blessings that Heavenly Father has bestowed upon us and our dear friend Enrique. He is a miracle in this town!

It is so weird to think that it is so cold at home. We are dying of heat here! Our sombreros are our best friends! haha. You dont even want to see the tan line on my feet from my shoes. It is so funny! Thank you for waiting for me to celebrate Christmas...that means SO much to me. I appreciate that kind act of service so much. That will be such a happy day to be all together reunited again. I have never felt such a mix of emotions in all of my life. I told Hna Harvey that she is my therapist. haha Sometimes we will be working and all the sudden, I will start to tear up with the thought of leaving this sacred land. Then I feel so excited to see my family and so anxious to know what will happen in the future. There are some nights when I cant even sleep at night, my mind just thinks and thinks. (I get that from you, dad! ;) I just want to know that I have done everything that the Lord has sent me here to do. I want to leave Uruguay with no regrets, knowing that I have done my best!

I am excited to read your letters this week when I get back to our little home. I love you. Like dad says, "stay strong and immovable!" 

Hermana Coon







No comments:

Post a Comment