kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hola! My family






Hi Mom and Dad!

HOW EXCITING!!!! I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU MET HERMANA COX, my soul sister! I love her so much. I know it was a treat for you to meet her...she is kind of like a celebrity for our family, huh? I am happy that her family is with her now, but honestly, I feel like a part of my heart is missing. Uruguay just is not the same without the presence of Hermana Cox. I cant wait to be reunited with her again! I want to know more about the weekend! Write me with all of the details!

And how fun that you met Hermana Harvey's family! Thank you so much for making such great memories and connecting with their families. I feel so blessed to have such remarkable parents. I am getting so anxious and excited to see you and to give you a big hug. What a marvelous day that will be. I love you both with my whole heart. 

It is so interesting the feelings that one receives when you are ending your mission. Also, it is super fun training a new missionary and really seeing how much a missionary progresses in the time of their missions. The theme this week for Hermana Harvey and I has been, "We sacrifice a little bit, but the Lord blesses even more." We have seen that come to pass this week as we had a BAPTISM! Finally! This area hasn't had a baptism since June! I also think that quote applies to me staying here for Christmas and New Years. I barely miss the holidays at home with my family and there are a many missionaries going home to celebrate Christmas with their families. Heavenly Father wants me to stay here. I would love to be home with my family for Christmas, but I know that Heavenly Father will bless my family 1,000,000 times more for serving him. And how many times in life can you say that you celebrated Christmas in Uruguay? Not very many!

Speaking of Christmas, today, Hermana Harvey and I went to Devoto, the supermercado, and we walked in and heard Christmas music playing! We saw the Christmas decorations and right next to the decorations, we saw.......SWIM TOWELS and sunblock! It was so funny. 

Do you want to know a fun fact about Piriapolis? Bueno, house numbers DO NOT exist. Addresses do not exist! You are probably wondering why in the world are there no addresses. I am wondering the same thing. Instead of numbers, they have NAMES! The houses have names! It is quite funny.

The baptism that we had was a HUGE tender mercy from the Lord. The mother is a less active member and the missionaries have been trying to baptize her 11 year old daughter, Yazmin, for years! She never wanted to and would not. A few weeks ago, Yazmins grandpa passed away suddenly from cancer. The Lord guided us to their house that night, and Yazmin told us she wanted to be baptized so she could see her grandpa again. Talk about blessing in disguise. The baptism was beautiful. I cant wait for Hannah to get baptized in a few short weeks!

Enrique is doing so awesome! He is flying high with so much faith! His story of finding the missionaries is so amazing. It amazes me every time! Ever since the beginning of my mission, I have recorded my converts testimonies of how they met the missionaries and their conversion. I think it will be such a treat to watch when I get home. I will probably cry my eyes out as I translate to you all what they are saying. It is so fun because Enrique is an author and is writing a book about religions. He was stuck at this point in his book and he didn't know where to go, until he met "his angels." (thats what he calls us.) He was sharing his testimony with us during one of our lessons this week, and he began to cry. I have never seen a man cry with such sincerity of heart as Enrique did. Thanks to the day we found him, he received guidance for his life. This is just another testimony to me how the gospel changes lives. And we are even in his book! His book will be published by the end of the year. I definitely want to read it!

Sometimes I get home after a long days work and I cant feel my legs. After walking and walking and walking some more everyday, I feel like I am just about to collapse from exhaustion. But it all makes it worth it to meet people like Enrique and to receive inspiring letters from my converts. They love the gospel and that is what is most rewarding. I will walk a million more miles to find even more people prepared for the gospel. The time is ticking so fast.

I love you my dear family. Again, I am so happy that you got to spend time with my dear Hermana Cox. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with bounteous blessings like my family and my mission. 

¡Les amo!
Hermana Coon



No comments:

Post a Comment