kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 27, 2014

HOLA my family!

Hello Family!

YOU MET HERMANA FLORES!!!! The Hermana Flores!!!! I am so happy! I loved to see all of those pictures of you with her! She is definitely one of my cherished friends from the mission. Isnt she so fun!?! 

It has been a fabulous and hot week here in Piriapolis! It is such a different area, with different people, and different climate...it has taken me a while to get use to! haha. But what I do know is that missionary work is the same wherever you go...and there are people so prepared for the gospel. I am grateful to know that the lord is preparing people. Even when I was in Melo last change, I could feel that I was coming here, around Pan de Azucar. I just knew it. I am thankful to be here with sweet Hermana Harvey. I am learning so much everyday.

One of the many things that I am thankful for is the spirit. Without the spirit, we as missionaries, can do nothing. The spirit is the real teacher. 

We have an investigator named Inrique. He is an amazing man whose faith is growing tremendously. The first charla we had with him, he told us that he didnt believe that god listens to his prayers. Over these past couple days we have taught him, and he is receiving answers to his prayers. It is incredible to see the change in people....but its not the kind of change that us as missionaries do, its the spirit. Its the spirit that touches their hearts. He told us that he sees something different in us that he wants to have. He told us that his life has been filled with darkness and he is looking for light. We testified that the Lord guided us to him. He had water in his eyes. I felt the spirit so strongly and I know that the spirit was testifying and testified of our words. Hna Harveys sweet words in spanish are priceless. Learning a language is priceless and I know that Heavenly Father blesses his missionaries with the gift of tongues. It is an incredible experience to experience.

Celsy, is one of our investigators, and during our planning session on Thursday, Hna Harvey and I both had the small thought to text Celsy. We wrote a scripture in the text and told her how much we love her. Come to find out, yesterday, we ere eating with a member, Celsys friend and coworker, who told us just how that text message arrived at the right time. It was the anniversary of Celsys brothers death. Minutes before Celsy received the text, she had commented to the member friend of her brothers death and was needing some uplifting words, then the text message arrived with an uplifting scripture. 

Needless to say, more than ever, I am so thankful for the spirit. 

I just wanted to tell you all that I am so thankful for your righteous desires and examples. Annie mentioned last week that some kids from her school are using bad words and she asked what she should do. Annie, I have thought about this all week long....You are such a great example. Just be yourself and stand up for what is right. People know that you are a member of the church of jesus christ of latterday saints and they know what you stand for. Keep being an example and letting your light shine! You are beautiful!

I have set a goal for myself before the end of the year and I wanted to share it with you all! Maybe you will like to join me in it!?? I want to memorize all of "Jesus is the Christ" before the end of the year. Will you all join me in it? I am starting tomorrow! :)

I love you all! I know Jesus is our Savior. He is the light and life of the world. I am thankful for the scriptures. I love my scriptures with my whole heart. They give such guidance, comfort, and direction to our lives. I, like Nephi, have been born of goodly parents and am forever thankful for the blessing of an eternal family. The gospel is light!

Until next week!

Hermana Coon






No comments:

Post a Comment