kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hola from Piriapolis!

How are you all? It sounds like you all have had a good week! It has been a great adventure week here in Piriapolis. Everyday is an adventure when you know nothing about the area, but we begining to not get lost so much. haha. 

I am really enjoying being here in Piriapolis, but I have a huge part of my heart still in Melo! I love Melo with my whole soul! But I then I think, I said that about Progreso when I got to Melo. haha. My love is beginning to grow for this area and the people here too. 

I will first begin by telling you about our cute little widow who rents our house to us. She is adorable! Her name is Rosalia. She bakes baked goodies for us. Sometimes after planning every night we go visit with her in her little grandma home. Last night, I played on her 200 year old piano for her. It was so out of tune, but she loved the music in her home. She has skin as soft as butter and is the most converted person I have ever seen. She shows us pictures of when she was a new wife and mother. Life goes by so fast. She was explaining to us how when she still looks at this pictures, she still has the same emotions. She is incredible. Our home is so beautiful with her beautiful garden.

Piriapolis is so beautiful! It is becoming summer soon, so there are a lot of tourists. Are area is full of summer homes. I was telling my sweet oro that I have not seen houses this beautiful and this big in so long! A lot of the houses are like the houses in Draper, Utah by the temple...huge! Like I said before, I feel like I am a little fish in a big city. It is definitely a different way of working...a different way to soften the peoples hearts to the gospel...I am just thankful that it is not us who are the teachers, its the spirit! haha. 

This week was also Hermana Harveys 20th birthday! I hope she had a good day. It is so hard being away from home when you are brand new in the mission. I remember those days of being an oro. It doesnt feel like that long ago. She is doing so well and I keep telling her that the language will come...it just takes paciencia! Please keep her in your prayers. Uruguay is quite the culture shock! haha. Yesterday we had a birthday lunch at the Flia Corrales home. They are an incredible family. They baked her a special Uruguayo cake, complete with peaches and dulce de leche!

We are seriously seeing miracles in our area. My companion is so blonde and so am I, so we stick out like no other. It is so funny the kind of comments we receive. We leave our house each day, ready to find these miracles that Heavenly Father has prepared. The area book is becoming our best friend. One night, we were searching through the area book, looking for people to find the next day. We found this name, Celsy, and decided to go visit her. The next day at lunch, the members gave us this same reference! We knew it was meant to be, so we contacted Celsy! I could just feel it, that the Lord was guiding us to her home. She is so prepared for the gospel. We have begun teaching her and her testimony is growing little by little. She came to church yesterday and loved it. She is so valient and we hope and pray that the hearts of her husband and 2 sons will be softened to the gospel. I am grateful to the Lord for guiding us to Celsy. We also had Adrianna at church yesterday! She is incredible as well. Her boyfriend, who she is living with, and who is inactive, even served a mission. He doesnt want to get married, but she desperately wants to be baptized and to have an eternal family. Please keep them in your prayers.

I have been reflecting a lot this week on Melo and the experiences that I have had there. It was such an incredible experience that I will never ever forget. I have never witnessed such great miracles like I witnessed in Melo in my whole life. It makes me sad to think that that door of my life and mission has closed. But, I know that Heavenly Father only has greater things in store for us here in Piriapolis. I just hope that we will be worthy instruments in his hands. I only want to do His will.

Bueno familia. I love you all so much. It is just crazy to me how fast time is flying. I just have only a few more months of being a representative of the Lord. It is sad! Lets just enjoy this time while we have it! 

Hermana Coon




 weird to see me in pants, right???

Piriapolis is full of hills! On the top of one very big hill is a cross! We hiked up to that today as a zone. It was so hard, but super fun. The view was breathtaking.  You can see my area from here, the ocean as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment