kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 13, 2014

Greetings from...PIRIAPOLIS!


Dear Family!

Greetings from...PIRIAPOLIS! 

How are you all? It sounds like you all had a great Fall Break! I honestly cannot believe it is fall at home!!! La primavera is in full spring here in Uruguay.

Well, all is well here in Piriapolis. I am now with Hermana Harvey from Orem, Utah! She is the cutest thing, she has such a strong faith and desire to serve the Lord. I like it! It has been such an adventure these past few days working in our whitewash and training. 

I will begin the adventure week by beginning with Tuesday. Saying goodbye to Melo was the hardest thing I have ever done. I left on the 6 hour bus ride to Montevideo at 12 30 am to make it to the mission home and 8am to pick up my oro. We got to our area later that afternoon. It was a long day of traveling.

Piriapolis is beautiful...absolutely beautiful. Our area is right along the beach and we live about 5 blocks from the beach. We live with Rosalia, who is an 80 year old grandma who has been a member for 40 years. She is remarkable. She rents her house to us. She brings us home baked treats to our home, she takes really good care of us. She loves the missionaries and is such a valient, beautiful member of the church. We really are so blessed to live with her, her gardens are beautiful.

The members are so wonderful here. I have never such great food in all of my misson....vegetables, vegetables, vegetables! We have eaten beets everyday this week! It is incredible! Also, everySaturday, there is a farmers market close by the beach and one of our less actives works at the fruit and vegetable stand. She gives us as many fruit and vegetables for free that we want!!!! It is amazing! They even have spinach! I havent seen spinach during my whole mission! haha. This morning, Hermana Harvey and I made a spinach green smoothie. Heaven!

I really like whitewashes. We found Marcos and Rosaura, and Monica and Richard, in a whitewash in Melo when I first got there. There are always miracles! The hermanas left us with nothing, no investigators, directions, nothing. We have been searching through the area book, trying to make good plans. The Lord has guided us so much through our efforts. I just feel like I have to change a little bit of the way I work, especially because my companion doesnt even know a word of spanish. haha. The people here in Piriapolis are not like the people from humble Melo. I feel like I am working in San Diego, California haha. Kinda feel like a little fish in a big sea. I just feel with my whole heart that there are people waiting for the gospel. I feel like with each day, I am just getting closer and closer to Heavenly Father. Thats all I want to do is his will. 

"Ill go where you want me to go dear lord, over mountains or plains or seas." That is my theme song.

I love you all, so very much!!!!!

Hermana Coon

 President and Sister Cook, Hermana Harvey and Hermana Coon
Hermana Harvey! ...my last companion!
 part of our new home...It is beautiful...our tiny home.

 I feel like I am serving in San Diego
I love Hermana Harvey!

No comments:

Post a Comment