kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 11, 2014

Otro gran dia en la mision Montevideo, Uruguay!

Hello Family!

What a treat it is every week to read your letters! I love them! I only have time to skim through them and then I print them out a read them in depth when I get home. Felicitaciones for Nikis parents!!!! They received their mission call to the best mission in the world!!!! I cant wait to see them! 

Also, dad, I felt the spirit so strongly while reading your letter. What I would do to have a fathers blessing from my dad! As I read your blessing to me, I really felt like you were here with me at this very moment. Thank you for that tenderness and for thinking of me, I love you. That blessing was just what I needed.

Wow what a whirlwind of a week it has been! What a FUN birthday week! My birthday consisted of 3 cakes, 1 pie, cute gifts, and my favorite Uruguayos! I will send you pictures of all of the festivities. It was such a great day, definitely a birthday to remember. I woke up with Hermana Cox and the other sweet hermanas in our home singing happy birthday holding a cake they made the night before that I had no idea about. We ate lunch with the stake president and his wife, la familia Diogo. They are so special to me. They know that we love and miss our mexican food, so Hermana Diogo made homemade tortillas and we had tacos with their vegetables from their garden! Then she made a yummy lemon pie. It was such a treat a fun little birthday lunch. We worked all day and then I thought we were going to eat some cute just us and our sweet familia de los santos, but NO! I walked around the corner and saw their home filled with pink balloons and food and people! They threw me a party for my birthday!  Seriously it was the best thing in the world. All of my favorite Uruguayos and stellar converts in one room. I have never felt so much happiness. These latinos love to celebrate their birthdays! I will show you pictures to show you. It was wonderful! Time is going by so fast...my heart will ache to leave them someday soon.

Mom and dad, I just want to send a big huge shout out to you. Thank you for always having family prayer, even when I didnt really quite know the importance of it. Thank you. Its so interesting the things we learn on our missions. Our sweet converts, Mabel and Nilo, were having marriage problems this past week. All Hermana Cox and I could do was bear testimony of the importance of family prayer and scripture study. Us two have talked about this a lot this week...we both are just so grateful for stellar families. I always remember dad as bishop telling us about those families who prayed together, stayed together. It is so true. After our lesson with Mabel and Nilo, we all kneeled together and offered a prayer. We commited them to pray as family every night. Do you know what? They are more in love than ever! It has been amazing to see. This has caused me a lot to reflect on what I want for my future family. The future is clear on what I want...Thank you for your great examples!

Yesterday, Hermana Cox and I had our very first music class with the youth of the ward! It was quite the success! We had about 15 youth there and we taught them how to lead music! Also, our sweet Jenifer De los Santos gave her very first talk in a baptism this Saturday! She talked about the gift of the Holy Ghost. I told her about the 3 things that a talk must have...(as said by dad) 1. a scripture 2. an experience and 3. your testimony. The spirit was so strong as she was bearing testimony about the change she has seen in her life and in her families life. I JUST LOVE THEM! They will be leaders in the church. How fun that they contacted you on facebook. Richard watches my mission call video a million times a day, says Jenifer. They love our family. This week, Richard began learning english! haha. He found a program on youtube, an english class. He is bound and determined to learn english, get his visa, and come visit us in the states. He says that one day he will knock on our door just like we did to him.

We are so exhausted and happy. I feel so blessed to have Hermana Cox by my side, to experience all of these wonderful experiences together. We cant wait until our girls trip with our moms. 

I love you so much. I can feel his love everyday. I honestly can feel him on everyside of me, because I could not do this without him. He lives! I love this country of Uruguay! Hope you all have a fantastic week...enjoy every minute of it!

Love, 
Hermana Coon


Hermana Diogo with my yummy lemon pie! Que divino!
We had a conference with Pres and Hermana Cook 33. We love Hermana Cook!
What cute hermanas we have! What a yummy birthday cake too!
 Do you like my birthday dress? I do!
The best companion in the world!
Hermana Cox and Me!
Look at the candle more like firecracker!


the cake and jenifer!
Familia de los Santos


mabel and nilo and veronica!

All our awesome converts and friends!

He is going to receive the melquisedec priesthood soon!!!!

Tortas fritas soaked in fat! Dahiana is a cute type 1. She adores us! We love her!
Last night, we had a "tortas fritas" party. Our sweet less active, Dahiana, taught us how to make them. Lets just say I need an intestine cleanse when I go home. She is a doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment