kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 18, 2014

Melo has my heart!

Hello Family!

Here we are again...another week has come and gone. What an excellent week it has been at home and here in Uruguay! Congrats mom on your new calling...you will be perfect for it! WOW our ward had a baptism!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!!!!!!! I dont even remember that last time our ward had a baptism. I feel like you all have the missionary spirit. That is so awesome! I am so happy that Richard wrote you. I honestly would give my life for them. Hermana Cox and I are helping him with his goal. This past week, we made him flash cards with a bunch of english words to learn and he is practicing them. I cant wait for the day they step foot in the States. And I do know Hermana Schaelling really well. She is a sister trainer leader too. She is hilarious and works in the area of the temple right now. We are actually "sisters" in the mission because we have the same "mom." (Trainer) 

Happy Birthday this week, dad! I hope you have a fantastic day. Remember that one year when we put the "HONK its my dads birthday" on your license plate?! I love you, papi! 

I was also just talking to Hermana Cox about what our lives will be like in 1 year...wow 1 year. I dont know where I will be in 1 year, but in 1 year, James will be on his MISSION! I honestly cannot believe that. Life will be so different when I get home. You will be a great missionary, bro! I hope you go somewhere spanish speaking! :)

We had an amazing baptism this week! It was such a miracle. We are really focusing ourselves on incomplete families. This past Friday was Facundos baptism! And the best part of all was that Jose Martin baptized him. It was so spiritual. Jose Martin baptized him like he had done it a million times before. Hna Cox and I like almost cried as he put his hand to the square. Just complete joy. Just to think of the change in our dear Jose Martin is just marvelous. Jose Martin was beaming with joy and sweet little Facundo was so happy. Bringing one soul to Christ at a time...

This past week, our ward of Gianola went to the temple. A lot of our sweet converts went for the first time. Its quite the sacrifice to go. We live about 6 hours away from the temple and people dont have money to go very often. But when they do, they really sacrifice a lot of what they have. I think of us at home...we are so blessed to have a temple within walking distance. Rosaura did her family history and awesome Marcos did the work for his grandparents. Rosaura wasnt able to go because of health issues, but she told me yesterday at church all about her spiritual experiences as she knew that her parents had accepted the gospel. It was so powerful. I cannot believe how converted they have become to the gospel. It makes me so happy. The gospel is so true! Even Diana De los Santos went to the temple for the first time. I am craving the temple.

I have attached a picture of Jose Martin and Marcos! Do you remember the awesome story of how we found Marcos? These are the 2 best converts, ever, right here! I love their happy faces so much. The change in both of them is so big. They are both solid...rock solid. Marcos is going to begin his mission papers soon. The Lord has blessed him with a wonderful job to save for his mission. He wants to leave in April, just one year after his baptism. He is a miracle. I am such a fan of these boys.

All is well here in Melo. We are freaking out a little bit at just how fast time is flying! 
Cambios are next week!!!!! I will only do the will of the Lord, but I never want to leave Melo. 

Thanks for your prayers for Hermana Cox. She was pretty much free of pain this week. It was such a blessing. I love you with my whole heart.

Hermana Coon
 Marcos and Jose Martin
Jose Martins birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment