kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 4, 2014

Hermana Cox's letter... We love our mission!

Hey family!!!!!

So wow!!!!! This week has been incredible!!!! I don`t even know where to start! But really, the mission is like a rollercoaster! Thank you for your letters and pictures and prayers!!!! I love you all so much!!! Congrats to nick and Mitch!!!! I am praying for them. They are going to be awesome missionaries!!!! It is so exciting!!!! 

So wow!!! What a week! The Lord has blessed us immensely. We have been working so hard and the Lord has really blessed for our efforts and for your prayers! 

So if you thought that everything was done with Hermana Coon`s tooth. nope.......so the adventure continues!!! On Monday during our pday and after going to the dentist, the front half of Hermana Coon`s tooth came off while we were eating tacos. haha and then she would just use some tooth glue to keep putting it back on throughout the day. Then, while she was sleeping it came off and lost it in her sleeping bag. She found it and all was well. But then, on Tuesday night, while she was brushing her teeth and while I was in the shower, she lost it down the drain!!!! Yeah, and we were supposed to do an intercambio on Wednesday! Yeah, instead we went to the dentist and he made her a new tooth but poor thing, her teeth are so white that he couldn`t find a tooth white enough to match. Poor thing! So, she has a tooth that is a little bit more yellow than the rest. But she has a super good attitude about it. and really it isn`t even that noticeable. we are just glad that this one is going to stay!!! 

On Monday night Jose Martin did the Family night! Oh man!!!! He is so awesome!!!! I have never met anyone quite like him!!!! He is so great!!! 

On Thursday, the hermanas had a baptism and Jose Martin gave the talk about baptism and he was a witness. You could tell he felt super special! 

On Friday, we had concilio yep we did our 24 hour trip again. It was the best concilio I have been to yet! The mission really has changed a lot! It was fun to see everyone! Hermana Herrera told me that Jose Luis and Natalia are doing so well and they loved the gifts that you sent. In fact, the girls still pray for me and they wore those i am a child of God pins for a week straight! I love them!!! He is going to get the Melchisedec priesthood this coming week! 

Here is some sad news! At concilio, President Cook told us that Hermana Bell was on her way home because she is really sick. My heart just sank! She was the only gringa from my group. Ever since the CCM with her appendix, she has had so many health problems! She is alergic to everything! She can`t even keep bread down. She has lost so much weight because she throws everything up. I hope that she is doing okay. 

On Saturday, we had lunch with the Family de los santos! They are doing great as always and are great missionaries! 

The weather has been super crazy once again. Actually, I am loving this winter because it has been so warm. But it has been super humid as well. Every time that it gets hot it rains after. In fact, it has been so humid that there has been water on our apartment floor. Yesterday, it was so hot! I was sweating as we were walking to church at 8 in the morning. But by the time sacrament meeting was over, it was raining and cold. I don`t understand! 

So, yesterday we had so many miracles at church! The Lord really has blessed us so much! We had 5 investigators at church yesterday!!!!! One of them was Facundo once again! He will be getting baptizedon Saturday! He is so cute and so excited to be baptized! We are trying to work with his mom Gabriella too to help her get married or get seperated. Santiago came again. We are going to talk to the bishop to see if he can just get baptized here even though he doesn`t live here because he wants to get baptized and he comes every single week. Dahiana also came! She comes every single week and we are working with her so that she can get married so she can get baptized. It is just hard because her "husband" is working in another part of Uruguay and hasn`t been home for over a month. 

Okay the other two investigators that came are Alenson, and Andres. They are in the picture I sent. I think they are both 20. Alenson likes computers and is just working. His parents are from two different religions and we found him in the street a couple of weeks ago. We have only been able to teach him about 2 times because he has been busy with work. But we had a really great lesson with him on Saturday. We gave him a book of Mormon and he said that he thought it was true because why else would we be out in the street and far away from our famlies. We invited him to read and pray about the book of Mormon. We committed him to come to church. We passed by his house and he was still sleeping but he got ready really fast and came for all three hours. Afterwards, he said that he liked it! We haven`t been able to talk to him since and he will be working a lot this week. But we will see what happens!!!! We are super excited for him! 

Also, we found Andres last week as well. We haven`t really taught him anything but we invited him to be baptized and he accepted if he received a confirmation that it was true. We invited him to the Hermana`s baptism on Thursday and he came! What?!?!? Crazy! At the baptism, Jose Martin invited him and committed him to come to church on Sunday! Afterward, one of the members told us that they thought he was on drugs. but who knows? Saturday night came, and he called and texted us to know what time church started. And he just showed up to church! What?!?!?! It was crazy! And he stayed for all three hours! After church Jose Martin stayed after to talk to him and share his testimony! So we will see what happens! Alenson and Andres have baptismal dates for the 16th!

Okay Jose Martin is just so amazing!!!! Everyone in his aunt and uncles house has the chicken pox. Apparently, he brought it from 33 and his uncle got it in his medula and that is why he lost all feeling from his waist down. Anyways, Jose Martin has had to do everything for them, clean, cook, run errands! Everything!!!! He really is so amazing!!!! The gospel has completely changed his life. After church, he stayed to talk with us for a bit about how he has changed. He is always reading the scriptures and we gave him a challenge to read the entire book of Mormon before the end of the year. We also asked him if he would baptize Facundo this weekend. He was really honored and excited! He has every single attribute I want in a future husband. He just servese and loves the Lord. He is so funny and easy going! Oh how we love Jose Martin!!!! He really is the topic of every conversation. I have never seen such a drastic and fast change in someone before. We are best friends and will be forever. I look up to him so much! 

Wow!!! The time is just flying! This really has been one of the best weeks of my whole mission! Last night, my companion and I went to bed crying of emotion. Our hearts are so full!!! We are so happy! And yet so sad that the time is going by so fast. My heart just aches when I think of having to say goodbye to these people. Even if I stay here till the end of my mission. One day I am going to have to say goodbye :( I have never had such a great love for my companion, for my area, for the people here and for the mission like I do now. I feel like in these last two changes, I now know what it is like to completely forget myself in the work! I love it!!!!!! I never want things to change!!!! I love you all!!! Have a wonderful week! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

-Hermana Cox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment