kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 11, 2014

Hermana Cox's letter

Hi family!!!! 

Wow it is already the 11th of August! What is happening! The time is going by so fast! How was your week? Thank you for your emails and pictures! I love you all sooooo much! I am so proud of each of you and all of the wonderful things you are doing at home right now. Keep it up! And thank you Max for your wonderful letter. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I got it last week at district meeting and was able to read it first thing today! And your Spanish is awesome! It will be so fun to talk to you in Spanish! Keep up all of the great work you are doing! Looking at those mountains in the background of those pictures you sent, makes our home look like a magical place that doesn`t exist in this world. We really do live in a beautiful place! 

So, wow yep.....it has been yet another crazy but great week!! It really is like a rollercoaster every day of every week! The hardest thing this week was my health.The week before I felt great but this week I had the most pain I have had in my whole mission. And usually it goes away after a day or two, but I had pain from Monday to Friday. But I have been keeping in contact with Hermana Cook about it. So all is well. I don`t want you to worry back there at home. But yeah, I have been thinking a lot about what you said about it being due to exhaustion. And the more I think about it, the more I think that it very well could be and for some reason my body wants to take out this stress and exhaustion on my digestive system. Walking 8 -12 miles every day, sprinting at least a mile home every night, going going going every single day for the last 14 months without stopping. . . yeah. that could be it. Honestly, I have never been so tired and exhausted in my life. haha  All I know is that I could sleep for at least 2 weeks straight! Even though there is so much to do and we are going going going without stopping every single day, I have decided that I am going to try to chill at least mentally. haha but yep all is well. I will keep you posted on how this week goes. 

Even though I haven`t felt all that great this week, I have loved every single day this week! It really has been a wonderful week and the Lord is blessing us so much! I never want these experiences to end!!!!On Tuesday, we celebrated Hermana Coon`s birthday! I hope she had a great day. We ate lunch at the stake president`s house and his wife made tacos and lemon pie to celebrate! Then that night, we were going to go visit the Family de los Santos to teach them. But little did Hermana Coon know that I had invited some members and recent converts to join us in a party at there house. So, when we got to their house that night, they had the house decorated with balloons and had food and cake and everything. I think she felt a lot of love, which she should. She has changed countless lives here in Melo. She demonstrates so much love that people can`t help but love her back. I hope that someday I can have that same kind of charity for everyone I meet. I am learning so much from Hermana Coon every single day. I love her so much!!!! The Lord knew exactly what i needed when he let me be her companion! 

On Thursday, we went to 33 to have a multi zone conference. President and Hermana Cook came with the assistants. It was wonderful!!! I learned so much.It was a wonderful experience. And it was fun to  see all of the Hermanas that we work with all together. 

On Friday, we did an intercambio with Hermana Smouse and Hermana Eddington. I went and worked in their area with hermana Smouse. They have been having a hard time in their area trying to pick up the pieces of messes that past Hermanas had left. But we had a really good day and were able to find more people to teach. 

We have found a lot of miracles in our area this week. The Lord has blessed us greatly with more and more investigators that really are going to progress. In fact, yesterday, we had 3 great investigators at church! 

So, Facundo`s baptism was scheduled for Saturday and everything was ready to go. While I was goneon Friday, Hermana Coon and Hermana Eddington even went to Facundo`s house to practice the interview questions with him and everything. Saturday morning came, and we passed by his house to remind him of his interview, and his grandma was at his house and told us that he couldn`t get baptized that day because his mom was really sick and had been in the hospital the night before and wouldn`t be able to attend the baptism and Facundo didn`t want to get baptized without his mom being there. So, there wasn`t much that we could do. But we called his mom and rescheduled his baptism for this Friday at 6. So, all is well. Facundo still went to the baptism because the other Hermanas had a couple of investigators that were getting baptized too and he went to church by himself yesterday. He is great and really excited for his baptism. 

We haven`t been able to teach Andres this week due to his work schedule, but we have kept in contact with him through text and phone calls. Well, actually, it is more like he is keeping in contact with us. He even called and texted us to ask us what time church was at again. And he came for the second time in a row by himself. At first, I thought that he was a type of snake.haha But no, I really think he can feel the spirit and knows that the gospel is going to bless his life. We finally had the chance to teach him yesterday after church. He is super quiet and doesn`t really respond much when we ask him questions. but he wants to get baptized and he has a lot of potencial. So we are going to keep working with him. As far as church attendance is concerned, he could get baptized this Saturday, but I think we are going to plan it for the 23rd so he can be well prepared. 

We talk with everyone that we see in the street, and this week we found a less active, Maria that got baptized when she was 11 and hasn`t been back for over 30 years.She was with her 14 year old daughter Cintia who has never once been to church. We testified of how the gospel is what they need in their lives and we invited cintia to get baptized. We have had some really powerful lessons with them and they were really excited to go to church. We passed by for them on Sunday and they were both up and waiting for us. Cintia is really quiet. I hope that she had a good experience. 

Jennifer de los Santos gave a super powerful talk at the baptism on Saturday about the holy ghost. Gladys, Richard`s mom, came to church yesterday for the first time in a few years! we heart attacked her door this week and the family de los santos door too. Jose Martin told us that the bishop talked to him about getting the melchezidec priesthood at the end of the month at stake conference! 

Yesterday, we had our official first music class. It went well. We had about 15 youth there. We taught them how to lead. 

Well it is about time for me to go. Just know how much I love each of you and how much I love this work!!!! I know that this is the Lord`s work. I hope you all have a wonderful week. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!! 

Love you lots!!!!! 

-Hermana Cox




No comments:

Post a Comment