kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 21, 2014

I am in a time warp!

Hello Family,

I honestly cannot believe that summer is almost over for you! Where has the time gone. I think of this all of the time, but I feel like I am in some kind of time warp. Time is just getting faster and faster. I am so glad to hear that my awesome wonderful family is doing so well. I hope Annie has so much fun at girls camp! I loved the pictures that you sent me...what a beautiful family I have. I was seriously laughing out loud at the things that you all wrote me. Thanks for making me laugh! 

I want to give a big shout out THANK YOU to The Wellock Family for sending me a surprise package! Thank you! I so enjoyed the goodies inside. What a kind act. Please tell them I love them and a little thank you note is on its way!

I cant believe Dallin Rollins came home! That was fun to see a picture of him. Give him a big huge hello for me! All of these boys are growing up and are men now! whoa.

While it is hot and humid in Arizona...we are enjoying our winter here! The weather here is beautiful! It really feels like an Arizona winter! I love Melo...we actually traveled to Montevideo a few weeks ago for concilio, the leadership council of the mission, and it was freezing cold! I said a prayer of gratitud to thank Heavenly Father for keeping me in the arizona-winter-like Melo for one change more. You all know how I am about the cold! haha. We have had some wonderful rainstorms this week. Uruguayos are so funny. Its like the rain is acid...they are so scared of the rain. They stop school, work, etc because it is raining. Its so crazy because for us Arizonans, we love the rain! 

I cannot imagine my life without serving a mission. I know I have said it a million times, but I have been changed! Last night, we were making a list of all of the things that we have learned on the mission and one of those is I have learned the power of the Atonement. The gospel changes people and I am seeing that first hand. Life is so wonderful. We are so blessed. It is so rewarding to see our awesome converts changing their lives and to know that the Lord was preparing them to receiving the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know His Atonement is real and as I studied the atonement this week in my personal study, I could help but cry...the spirit touched me because I have really seen the Atonement change lives! Uruguay is my holy land. I love seeing our newly converts magnify their callings and love the gospel so much that they want all of their family, friends, and neighbors to receive it! What is so cool is that the ward is feeling the missionary spirit! We had a great activity this past Saturday to rescatar all of the less actives and inactives in the ward. All of the members met at the church and then we went and visitied these members to rescue them! It was wonderful. 

I am so tired...its a kind of tired that is in my spirit. I am learning to accept the will of the Lord, not my own will. This 18 months is getting shorter and shorter which makes me super sad...I will work hard until the day I leave.

I hope you all know that I love you with my whole heart. Thank you for your examples and support.  Have a spectacular week....!

Hermana Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment