kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy WeeK

Hello!

Hi family! How are you all??? Can I just say that I LOVED getting so many great emails from you! I feel so connected to you now! I will print them all out and read them all afternoon! Seriously thankyou! I cannot believe how fast everyone is growing up! Those pictures from the family reunion AMAZED ME! I cannot believe it! We have a beautiful family! I wish I could respond to each and everyone of your emails! Just know that I love you and that i do read them, think about you, and pray for you!

What a marvelous week it has been. First of all, changes are this week and...HERMANA COX AND I ARE STAYING ANOTHER CHANGE TOGETHER! We have been so nervous all week, but Heavenly Father has heard our fervent prayers...he has also heard the prayers of our sweet converts here. We didnt even know this, but yesterday, The De los Santos Family, our awesome golden family, was fasting so that we could stay here in Melo with them! We cried from happiness last night as we received the call that we were staying. We just know that there are more people for us to meet and to teach here in Melo. Melo has my heart forever and ever.

Probably the most happy feeling in the world is to see your new convert, barely baptized, sharing the gospel with other people. Happy news! Jose Martin and Richard De los Santos, received callings to be the 1st and 2nd counselors in the Young Mens Presidency on Sunday! To say that Hermana Cox and I were happy just doesnt even describe our feelings! The change in them and in their families are huge! I know I say this every week, pero amo la obra misional!

Hermana Cox and I are learning so much together and are having so much fun together. I have never had so much fun with any other companion! I will send you pictures of the fun that we have had. I literally have never laughed so hard in my life! I have learned so much this week. I really think that the Lord is trying our faith...and our patience as we have been searching for new investigators to teach and baptize. We are just craving baptism! But for some reason, our teaching pool is empty! We help other hermanas in their areas find people to baptize, why cant we find anyone in our own area?! We can both agree that we have never worked so hard in our life, but for some reason we are stuck! One day this week, I was so humbled and we were completely brought to our knees pleading for help. Every person that we talked to literally laughed at our face as we were sharing our testimonies of how our message could bless their lives. And they just laughed in our face! The whole reason why we are here and they mocked us! I just could not believe it, nothing like this has every happened in my whole entire mission! We just felt the power of the adversary so strongly. It was super weird.

During personal study, I was just thinking about all these experiences and how so thickly we are in the world. It is so evident. We work with the spirit all day and so we its not with us, we feel empty...and sad. I began reading Elder Hollands talk in the April Conference called The Cost and Blessings of Discipleship. I cried as I read this talk...because it is exactly what we are experiencing right now. I thought about what a rollercoaster the mission is...one minute I feel completely feliz and happy and the next humbled and weak! ..."You will forge unshakable faith, y ou will find safelty against ill winds tha blow, even shafts in the worldwind, and you will feel the rock like strengh of our Redeemer, upon whom if you build your unflagging discipleship, you cannot fail."

I know these words to be true. All the experiences we have are just here to make us stronger. I know that if we have faith and trust in the Lord, we can conquer any trial. 

I love you family, I hope you all know that! Stay strong and immovable always abounding in good works!

Have an excellent week!

Hermana Coon



The picture is of Jose Martin, (by me) and his brother! This was the day he recieved his calling! He is SO AWESOME! Can you notice the difference in his countenace and that of his non member brother? Jose Martin has changed so much!
 Our District!
 Super Sisters!
 We are still together!!

  Cape blowing in the wind...so funny!
 So happy our families met!!!!!
 Popular Uruguayan food! 

 You are going to laugh so hard! I have never laughed so hard in my life! Hermana Coxs dad is so super creative and so he had a challenge for us...and this was it! We cried we were laughing so hard. So priceless! Super sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment