kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference 1000 miles away!

Hi Family!

How are you all? Wasnt conference great? It was so fun to think that you were all listening and seeing the same thing as I was thousands of miles away! I know that we have a prophet of God, President Monson, who is the mouthpiece of God. This weekend was as if Heavenly Father himself was speaking to us! Saturday morning, before conference, we watched the womens session of conference. WOW the spirit was so strong, I couldnt even move my body afterwards! I loved all of the messages and the videos. The church is so true! We are children of God!

One morning, I studied about many different prophets, like Nephi and Alma, who all had trials. Nephi, his own brothers tied him up in cords and were planning to take away his life. But, he never prayed to change his circumstances, he prayed that the Lord would give him STRENGTH to bear his trials. That hit me hard. And then I studied about the atonement and that always makes things better. So now, I have learned and have changed the way I pray. I want to be like Samuel the Lamanite, like Benjamin the wise, I want to be like Abinadi. How tell me how, can I be like them? 

During the two conference sessions, I saw a broadcast on our temple in Gilbert! IT IS GORGEOUS! I cried and cried the spirit touched me soul so deeply. And in this minute as I type this, tears fill my eyes to know that we have the blessing of the TEMPLE so close to our home. I saw the cultural celebration and I saw many youth that I know in our ward and from school. I thought I saw James too! I saw my home! I sat on the church bench and cried and cried from happiness. We have been waiting so many years for this! I was so grateful for this tender mercy to see this broadcast. 

I am really thankful, for difficult times like this on my mission, that help me learn and grow.  I have pledged to give myself entirely to the Lord, my heart, might, mind, and strength. And I know that when I give my whole self to him, He will make a masterpiece. I just love this gospel and want to share it with every person. We see miracles everyday, especially yesterday with our investigators in church to watch conference with us. I know that the Lord directs us as his missionaries. I can see his hand in my life everyday and can feel the prayers of you. 

Thank you for listening, its actually great therapy to right my thoughts and feelings because I know that you listen and care about me and love me. And thank you for sending me some of Grants letters! Wow he is awesome! And THANK YOU for the package that you sent me! I have enjoyed every goodie in there! I love you all!

I love you Dad, Mom, James, Annie, and Hannah! Keep working hard and standing firm in the faith!

Hermana Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment