kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 28, 2014

Dearest Familia,

Dear Family,

Hi! How are you? When I was in Montevideo this week, I received the packages! What a treat! I loved it! Thank you so very much! It is so wonderful to have so much support from home!

This week went by so fast...i feel like the weeks seriously go by faster and faster! Its hard for me to believe that someone asked you mom if you were ready for me to come home! What? How fast does the time fly! I miss you all so much, but I am not ready to come home just yet. haha.

This week was excellent! I am in a new area with Hermana Ots. I switched from Gianola B to Gianola A, just across the street. Still in the same awesome ward, but it is so difficult to not visit the people that I love so dearly in Gianola B! What a blessing it is to have this Type 3 energetic, excited Argentinan Hermana Ots. With every companion I have learned so much! Seriously every week just seems to get better and better.

Marcos was baptized on Saturday! He is the best! We was so excited for his baptism. I will never forget the day when we were teaching him and he told us that he prayed and felt very strongly like he should get baptized and April 26 was the day. I also will never forget the time when he taught US all about what he studied in 1 Nephi...He has a bright future ahead of him. His baptism was the most spiritual baptism that I have been to on my mission. The Spirit was so thick...it was like you could cut the air like it was butter. As I lead the music as the ward members sang "Soy un hijo de Dios" for the baptism, I just couldnt help but think of when I was waiting and waiting to serve here in Uruguay, thinking about the people that I would meet and the people who I would have the chance to share the gospel with...and here i am! The scipture in D&C 18 doesnt even begin to describe the joy. After he was baptized, he shared his testimony in front of everyone...future missionary right here! I feel so blessed. 

So many miracles happen everyday. We like to say that we are working for the dead....everyday we are led to people whose family members or husbands or mothers have passed away within the past 2 weeks. I just want to ingrain these experiencias in my mind because I never want to forget them. I know that there are people prepared to accept the gospel. This gospel is so good family. Live it, love it, share it. James, Annie, and Hannah...I cant wait for you all to serve missions! 

Thank you fam for being you! (Thanks for sending fun old pictures!) I love you all! Only a few more weeks until we can talk for Mothers Day! 

xoxo, Hermana Coon
The church buildings here in Melo are beautiful!
I can't wait to be a mother.
Classic pictures! Hope they make you smile! Love you!

Wearing the shirt that Aunt Niki sent me!  My sweet convert, Estefani! She is the best!!!!


Marcos baptism day
I love these people!


No comments:

Post a Comment