kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Fathers Day

 Our miracle family! I can't wait to tell you all about them.

 Hermana  Cox and Hermana Coon
Buen Día!

How are my favorite people in the world doing? I enjoyed reading whats going on at life at home. First of all, HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD! It was not fathers day here in Uruguay, but, because I had our family calendar, I remembered that it was indeed fathers day. I thought about you all day, dad. I love you! Hermana Cox and I today were laughing about all of our childhood memories and it was fun reminising back to the good ol times. So many times, I just wish that I can give you a great big hug dad, play tennis, go on our father daughter dates, and do all of the things that we use to do. Especially there are so many times that I just wish I could have a fathers blessing from my daddy. I know the day will soon come when I can do all those things again, but for now they are sweet memories. I love you, dad! Hope you had a great day!

James, have such a great week at efy! Best week ever! 

We had such an awesome week! Spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Hermana Cox and I laugh every morning as we wake up. We seriously have bodies of 80 year olds. haha no, but I guess that is good because we are working hard. I just love these experiences that we are having in Uruguay, because they are experiences that we would never have at home. Funny story...this week, we have been having troubles with our bathroom flooding into our kitchen. We thought that it was water from the shower, so every night as there was a river flowing through our kitchen, we would franticly clean up our river of water, "whistling while we worked." Ringing the towels out...etc. Well, a few days later, a member came to help us figure out our problem. He told us that the water was not clean...that it was sewage water coming up out of our toilet. We just about died! We didnt know whetherto laugh or to cry! haha. Long story short, our bathroom is now fixed and we now dont have sewage water filling up our kitchen. We hope and pray that we dont have any sort of parasite. haha. 


I say this every week, but the weeks just keep getting better and better. Heavenly Father is really blessing our area immensely. We started the week off with interviews with President Cook. He is seriously the best. I look up to him a lot and really enjoyed my interview with him. Then Wednesday, Hermana Cox and I, had an intercambio with a few hermanas. We helped train them and helped them in their area. It was a wonderful day. 

Thursday, we traveled to Montevideo to have a multi mission conference with Elder Robbins, a member of the seventy. It was so neat to have both of the missions here in Uruguay together, which hardly never happens. Let me just say there was power in that room! I had the great privledge to play the piano. As all 700 of us missionaries in Uruguay powerful sang the opening song, "Called to Serve" my spirit filled my soul. Its something so difficult to describe, but I could feel the spirit so strongly. We are as the Army of Helaman...We have been taught in our youth! We left the conference feeling so rejuvenated to do better and to be better.

Our week ended perfect with our wonderful miracle Familia De Los Santos. I have no words. I feel so blessed. They are and were so prepared from the beginning. To see them hand in hand walk to their baptism with the biggest smiles on their faces was just perfect, but then to see them in all white was even better. This family is so special and I know that we were friends before this life. They are my best friends! We have shared so many special experiences together. The baptism was so spiritual. Hermana Cox played the violin while I accompanied her on the piano for the musical number. We made an arrangement of, "Soy un hijo de dios," and "Las Familias Pueden Ser Eternas." It was wonderful and in one year they will go to the temple to be sealed for time and for ALL ETERNITY: My heart is full and my eyes are full of tears from happiness.

As we taught Sunday School, gospel principles class yesterday to all the recent converts, the spirit was so strong. pero muy fuerte. We taught about la obra misional. As we shared experiences and bore testimony, the spirit testifed of our words. This gospel is so true. I loved the hear the personal experiences from all of these stalwart converts that were prepared from the beginning....Rosaura and Marcos, Jenifer De los Santos, Mabel and Nilo. To think that my companion and I have been there every step of the way, seeing their changes and watching their conversion. It is amazing!

Anywho. This was our week of miracles, spiritually, emotionally and physically. All is well. I love you all, I love who you are! Really, from the bottom, most sincerest part of my heart, I thank you for your prayers. I know that our Heavenly Father hears ALL of our prayers. Maybe he doesnt answer them in the timing that we would like, but he hears them. He leads and guides us.

Con amor,

Hermana Coon



No comments:

Post a Comment