kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

Family!

Hola my Beautiful Family! Happy Memorial Day?! How fun it was to read your emails and to see what is going on at home with your visitor! haha. I love you all a lot and cant believe school is already out. I am loosing track of time, I think its because it feels like Christmas here. haha. Grandma, I am wearing the hat today that you knitted me! It is so warm and cute. I love it, thank you! 

Fun Fact...I always write and tell you the funny things people tell me. In Progreso, my name was Rubia, now my name is Barbie here in Melo. How funny!

Like always, this week was fantastic and busy! Hermana Ots and i had a super powerful, spiritual experience this week that is probably the most spiritual experience that I have had out of my whole mission! We met this young girl named Dayana last week and then this week went to contact her at her house. Her mother was home, Jennifer, and instantly invited us into their home. She was so warm and welcoming and we found out that just four days ago that Jennifer and her husband, Richard were MARRIED after 17years of living together! (Which is a MIRACLE! because no one here in Uruguay is married.) My companion and I were just beaming with felicidad and mouths dropped open from amazement that our Heavenly Father led us to their house just 4 days after they were married. Then, we found out that Richard usually works in the mornings everyday as a bus driver here in Melo, but just last week, he switched his hours to the afternoon. Now he can come to church every Sunday! As we say, "Soy un hijo de Dios," Jennifer had tears in her eyes. Her smile (Type 1) was so bright and she told us..."I have been praying for years to come closer to God or him to me." Hermana Ots and I felt the spirit so strongly and we knew and know without a doubt that the Lord guides his missionaries. And we know that he prepares people. Richard, Jennifer, and Dayana are so prepared. Hermana Ots and I left that home jumping up and down and crying. Then we said a prayer of gratitude to thank our dear Heavenly Father for the many blessings he gives us everyday. We love this family so much. They came to church yesterday and will be baptized in 2 weeks! Vamo Arriba!

Experiences like these that happen every week get us thinking. I really feel that I knew this people in Uruguay before this life...like we were heaven friends or something. And as missionaries, we knew before we came to earth that we would find them in Uruguay and share the gospel with them.

I sent you a picture of our eventful day yesterday! Yesterday, we had a TARDE BLANCA (white afternoon) with the Melo Zone. 10 Bautismos! It was awesome to see all white! Everyone was so happy!  

We are so blessed, family. I love to be a missionary and time is going by too fast! I love to learn everyday and to be a sister leader trainer. It is so fun to work in other areas and to help the other hermanas. What a blessing. 

Give everyone a big Uruguayo kiss on the cheek for me! I love you all with my whole heart! 

Hermana Coon

 All in white!


I havent worn pants in almost 11 months! wow! 

 ANNIE! I LOVE YOUR SHOES!!!! What size are they??? They look so good on your feet! I miss cute shoes! I want to share with you! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment