kathryn.coon@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 19, 2014

It's cold outside...

Hello Family!!!

What a week it has been for all of us! First off, Grant is home! How exciting! I love the pictures that you sent me! What an exciting time! He looks great and what a stellar missionary he was. I am so proud of him! 

It is a little difficult to type today haha. As I am sitting here at the cyber, my fingers are frozen from the cold! Bienvendios winter! Winter is on its way and every night I enjoy sleeping in my below zero sleeping bag! Best purchase ever! Hermana Ots laughs at me every night. 

I feel like I say this every week, but every week the days just get better and better. Seriously, there are miracles everyday. Hermana Ots is the best companion ever and together we are studying the life of Christ. I love learning about the Savior and his acts of charity. We are gaining such strong testimonies of small acts of charity that really change peoples lives. We have this family, Familia Gonzalez, that are so wonderful. We have taught them, baptized the father, Raul and his son, Sebastian, but the mother, Janet didnt want anything to do with the church. We have prayed and prayed for her, invited her to family nights at members houses, taught her, born testimonies, dyed her hair, given her piano lessons, literally everything you could possibly imagine. Miracles happen everyday and I know without a doubt that the Lord listens to our humble, pleading prayers for help. She came to church yesterday and told us that she is going to be baptized! We are seeing miracles in this family. They are so poor and dont have anything, but what they do have is the gospel in their lives, and that is all that matters!

Sweet Esilda and Rosaura were baptized Saturday. What a spiritual baptism it was. Afterwards, Rosaura gave me a great big hug full of smiles and said to me, "I feel like I have been reborn!" I loved it and I love her. Even though they were baptized in cold water, they didnt care. Even though the water was cold, the room was burning hot with the spirit. I know that Heavenly Father is very happy. I can feel it.

Everyday, I thank my Heavenly Father for this opportunity to be a missionary in Uruguay, his servant. We had a great conference with President Cook this past week and being consecrated missionaries...giving everything at the altar of sacrifice. 

I love you my family so much! Thank you for your prayers...I feel them! You are angels! Heavenly Father loves you. 

Hermana Coon


 Esilda! WE LOVE HER!


 Rosaura and Marcos!

Marcos baptized Rosaura, his mom! 
 What a special moment! I love white! 
Rosaura

No comments:

Post a Comment